In light of the COVID-19 situation, we have adapted our closing practices to comply with federal, state, and local guidelines, as well as other safety best-practices, to ensure that your closing is handled safely and efficiently. We have outlined this process below and, of course, you may certainly call or email us to get additional information and clarification.
1) We have been in continuous operation since the COVID-19 outbreak began. Our office has been and remains fully staffed. Accordingly, we will continue to receive and process your title work and closing requests in a normal fashion.
2) As part of the our normal routine, we will reach out to buyers, sellers, lenders, and real estate agents (via email, telephone, and text) to collect any information we need to complete the title work process and to schedule and coordinate closings.
3) Once your file is ready for closing, we will coordinate with buyers, sellers, lenders, and real estate agents to schedule the closing. Our goal is to minimize in-person contact between all the parties who typically attend a real estate closing. To that end, we will schedule a time to meet the parties to have the closing documents signed and notarized. If you are a buyer or seller, we will schedule a time to meet you at any location of your choice where you feel most comfortable - your front porch, your driveway, your car, our office, your lender's office (if applicable and open), your real estate agent's office (if applicable and open), etc. Closing this way will greatly minimize the number of people you come into contact with during your closing (potentially just one person - one of our notaries) and the amount of time you are in contact with that person (potentially just a few minutes total).
4) We have had numerous buyers and sellers tell us that they are not comfortable attending any kind of "in-person" closing, even if it is modified to comply with "social distancing" guidelines. We definitely understand your concern, and for folks who do not want to attend an in-person closing, we can arrange a mail-away process. There are several ways to do this, so just let us know your schedule and preferences, and we can handle the signing without you having to attend any kind of "in-person" closing. We will coordinate with you to notarize your documents so that you don't have to search for a mobile notary.
5) If you are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT come to an "in-person" closing; rather, let us know in advance of your situation, and we will coordinate with you to get your closing documents signed and notarized without the risk of you exposing anyone else to the virus. You should let us know immediately if any of the following are applicable:
- If you or anyone in your household has had any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as, but not limited to, fever, cough, body aches, nausea, or shortness of breath within the last 14 days.
- If you or anyone in your household has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 or with anyone otherwise exhibiting any of the symptoms listed above within the last 14 days.
- If have any reason to believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
6) If you have any other special requests, feel free to call us (423.2914810) or email us (email@example.com), and we will be happy to accommodate you as best as is possible.